Friday, September 11, 2009

Awards and Launch Parties

I won my first award!!!! YAY!! Thanks to Jessica at A Book Lovers Diary for nominating me for:




Sweet! Somebody thinks my blog is cool!! I want to thank Shellie at Layers of Thought for all her help and advice for my blog. If you're not already following her, I highly recommend you do. Her blog is awesome.


If you're in the Seattle area on Saturday, there is a launch party for Janet Lee Carey's newest book, Stealing Death. Janet is one of the founders of ReaderGirlz. I love supporting local authors, so stop by if you can. I'll be there, picking up my own copy of Stealing Death and meeting Janet. Keep an eye out for my review of Stealing Death coming very soon.


Speaking of reviews, I haven't had a chance to read and write any reviews with my brother in town and a crazy work schedule. But don't fret! I'm on vacation starting September 16th. My husband and I normally go to the Florida Keys, but both of us had to take pay cuts this year, so the vacation budget got cut. But, this means more time to read the growing pile of books. So, stay tuned.......

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, and sorry/congrats about the vacation time. On one hand, the Keys sounds amazing. On the other, reading time is always fun, too.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats... this is the first of many! Its a pleasure to see you here in the blogopshere!
    Thanks for mentioning me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award!! That is so exciting! We had to take a staycation this year, too. Maybe next year we will all be able to afford vacations again!!

    ReplyDelete