Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where did April go?

The month of April was a crazy month for me. I settled in to my new place. Work is busy as usual. I had a really bad eye infection. But I always try to have a little fun. I went to a couple of concerts:

Angels and Airwaves at the Showbox Sodo

064

063

Civil Twilight at the Highdive

051

052

 

I went to a Seattle Mariners Game

043

046 

This is a pic of the roof closing because it started to rain.

 

In book blog related news, I posted my first giveaway, a book called The Life O’Reilly by Brian Cohen, which was won by Logan from Rememorandom. Mr. Cohen read my review and was kind enough to offer an autographed copy of his novel to give away.

I was also contacted by indiereader.com to do book reviews for them. If you get a chance and enjoy independently published novels, I encourage you to check out their awesome selection. (I don’t receive any compensation from indiereader.com, I just love to support independently published authors)

In my last post I mentioned that I had 3 ulcers on my left eye. They have totally healed, so I don’t need surgery!!! I’m a little behind in my book reading because the ulcers made me very sensitive to light. Also, my book review pile is becoming overwhelmingly high, so I plan to post reviews soon before it falls over. I’m just glad I can see again!

4 comments:

  1. What a month you've had!! Congrats on your review gig with indie books! How exciting!! I look forward to your upcoming reviews! I am so behind on my blogging! I'm glad your eyes have healed! How horrible and painful that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds very busy indeed. Glad your eye's doing better. I got my book in the mail yesterday or the day before. Thanks once again, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better and this whole entire year is flying by -- it's nearly half over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your eye is better... I bet that was frustrating. Did you try any audio books while your eye was giving you trouble?

    ReplyDelete